Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Now What Am I Gonna Do?


I am just not happy tonight. I will get this out now, and will move on, but I just need to vent a bit.


I was so proud of myself when I started my walking program, and that I actually liked it! A point came when I noticed a difference, and that was really cool. Then...I started experiencing the foot pain and shin splints every time I walked. So, I modified my routine by walking a little, then stretching, walking, then stretching. It worked for me, and I was ok with it.


Because the pain really was starting to bother me, I went to the doctor, who sent me to a foot doctor. That happened today, and the news was not good. I actually have two problems: a bunion, and hallux minimus (which is the beginning of hallux rigidus).

This is a picture of what a bunion is:




Click the link for a short video that explains it:

http://www.webmd.com/video/stiff-big-toe

For now, I will get a mega dose of steroids, and wear this pad he made for me (which by the way, makes me limp). I will return in 2 weeks to check it, and discuss treatment. We will try a pad in my shoe for now. Ultimately, I will have to have surgery. It will not get better, it will continue to get worse. And, it is possible that the other foot will do the same thing in time.

So once again, I have been shot down. Once again, this body betrays me. Yes, I know...God has a plan, God knows why...but tonight, I am just really upset that yet another thing is happening to my body, and standing in the way of me living a 'normal' life! With my history, another surgery is just not something I want to think about. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT!!!!

Ok, I think I am a bit better now. When you think of me, please say some prayers that whatever needs to be done will take place when it should--whenever that might be!

3 comments:

  1. Am so sorry you have to deal with this now! The video did have a happy ending, though...sounds like surgery really helped that woman.
    Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalms 94:17-19 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that I'm still here praying!
    Psalms 40:1-4 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got my prayers, M! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com