Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Season of Thanks


It is the eve of Thanksgiving 2009. There are so many things to be thankful for, and so many things run through my mind. However, here is what came to mind this morning:

I stood outside for an hour waiting for the motorcade procession of a young fallen soldier, killed in Afghanistan. While I stood there, I thought to myself that this was too soon...we just did this a few weeks ago. It has been done so many times in the last several years. When will it end? I am thankful for all those who have voluntarily signed up to defend our country. They serve so that we may be free; we have a blessed life because of them. Their families weigh heavily on my mind each time we do this. Today was especially hard. I wondered how the family and friends of this young soldier will get through tomorrow, and how they will view every other holiday to come. May God bless them, especially his wife and infant daughter.

As you celebrate with your families, please whisper a prayer for all of those who suffer, all who are struggling in this economy, and all who are not with their families this Thanksgiving. Be blessed, and choose JOY!

Thought for today:
Psalm 69:30

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this...always praying for all the families who've lost loved ones...
    Thankful that the Lord knows all the whys and that all things are in His hands! Praying for you!!
    Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com