Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Monday, March 22, 2010

It IS Possible!



I received one of the most exciting phone calls this weekend that I have ever had! The news: I am one of 7 ladies to receive a $5,000.00 college scholarship from Possible Woman Foundation International...AND...they will fly me to Atlanta, GA next month for the awards banquet! Isn't that amazing?

My sweet hubby was in disbelief, saying, "$5,000? Really? And they are going to fly you out there? REALLY?" It was so fun to see him excited about something for me!

This is fantastic news that goes along with my goals: next semester is PAID, and some of second semester too...which means...my Bachelor degree is nearly paid for!!!! Whoo hoo, and Praise the Lord!

Here is a link to the site. Not sure when, but my photo and bio will be up on it as a 2010 winner.



Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!
    Praying as always!
    Psalm 34:19-20, 22 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken...The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you Michelle. I am very proud of you. You have overcome so much and you have so much more to do. I admire you going back to school. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to let you know I'm still here, still praying!
    II Corinthians 12:8-10 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com