Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Note To Self:



I am my worst critic!

I just spent a weekend sick as a dog because I am so hard on myself. I really need to learn to figure out how to manage my stress in new ways, because my body WILL take over if left too long without some release.

My Senior Seminar research project is about using Music Therapy with Children that have Autism. Since April is Autism Awareness Month, here is a little reminder. These kids learn differently, but they can still learn. If you know of someone who is affected by an Autism Spectrum Disorder, see if they receive any kind of Music Therapy!

The quote I like the most is:

“Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul.”(Plato)

Only 31 more days until Graduation! Yep, I'm gonna make it...I think!



4 comments:

  1. My daughter has Asperger's. When she was 3 we put her in a song and dance performance group. It was one of the few times she interacted well. That only lasted one season, but when she was 6 we started her in dance and put her in children's choir. Having a structured way to interact with others and learning how to perform as a team member really helped her learn about personal space and getting along with others. She just returned from a dance competition where she performed a solo in front of a few 100 folk. If we had just let her stay in her own world, she wouldn't be the successful 14 year old that she is today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling me about your daughter, and thought of her while I was writing this paper! What a gift you have given her with dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing project! Sorry you had such a rough weekend!
    Know that I'm always here praying!
    Psalms 116:3-5 ...I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what happens in life, the Lord is there, holding your hand, getting you through it! Praying!
    Psalms 73:23-24 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com