Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SCORE!


Update 1/6/12
There has been a bit of confusion from my post. I had the surgery in July to remove my thyroid as a proactive step to ultimately avoid cancer in that body part. The nodes were discovered when I had a body scan back in 2007, before my Mastectomy. Since then, I have had regular sonograms and biopsies. Unfortunately, from January to June 2011, the number and size of the nodules increased. It became obvious to me what would happen next. (My Oncologist tells me to keep an eye on anything that was radiated back in 1989-- which includes all of my internal organs!)

So, the reason this visit was so exciting is because it is the first sonogram since the surgery, and all was clear! Whoo hoo!



I walked out of my doctor's office today with a smile on my face and a song on my heart: Removing my thyroid gland that was 'pre-malignant' means that

Michelle = 1
Thyroid Cancer = Big fat ZERO!

Added bonus: my carotid arteries are BEAUTIFUL! LOL, that is nice to know. :D

4 comments:

  1. You had it removed way back in July...you're just finding out now that everything's okay? So thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Still praying hard for you!
    Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the explanation! Definitely time to party!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Praying!
    Revelation 3:11-13 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name...
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting up prayers right now!
    Psalm 91:1-2, 4: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust...He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com