Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Monday, January 21, 2013

This represents me and how I feel this year.



In some ways, I feel like that little plant bursting through the ground, pushing up to reach my full potential. There are scars on my leaves, from lessons I have learned. They remind me that I have been tested, and succeeded! More importantly, I am standing tall and growing...There have been many difficult times in the last few years; many changes to try to understand and embrace. I have struggled and felt defeat. However, my Savior reminds me that He is my strength, and I can rely on Him to help me through. 

When I thought about this first post of 2013, I wanted to try to convey what transformation has occurred in me the last several months. As I continue to study for my Master's in Community Counseling, I have also started personal counseling. I have  known for over a year that I needed to do it, but I kept putting it off. When I was finally tired of breaking down in class, or being triggered by things I didn't understand, I took that first step to sign up. I have issues, things I thought I had resolved, that need attention. I must say that it has been one of the greatest  parts of my personal growth! It is hard, and at times, I really hate it; but, I also realize that I will be able to empathize with future clients about sharing their 'stuff' with a total stranger! Thankfully, it is the right stranger; someone that is trained to help me and get me past the 'counselor student' answers. 

Part of the process for me, is to write again. I used to journal a lot. Right now, the things I am writing are very personal and private. It is an outlet that I can use anytime I am trying to figure things out; or, to deal with raw emotions and memories. I guess the ultimate healing will be when I can share some of it with the world. 

What I can share with you, my blog world, is how taking control of your own power as a person will lift you up. At 40-something years old, I can finally say that I will not just 'wish' certain things were different. I am making conscious choices to make it happen! That is powerful! So get ready, 2013 is MY year, and I am excited beyond words! Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com