Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Master's Degree: Conferred!



I am pleased to announce that I received my Master's Degree in Community Counseling last night! 

I don't think I could ever adequately explain what this journey through Graduate School has been like for me. It was never in the plans. It has been THE HARDEST thing I have ever done! Seriously; beating cancer four times was easier than this because there were doctors, nurses, etc. to help me. In Grad School-it was up to me. God has molded me, shaped me, carved me, and grown me in ways I never would have imagined. So many times, I felt like giving up...and it was as if God was saying, "Do you trust Me like you say you do?" How humbling!

The friends I have made during this journey will be lifelong friends for sure. We all went through this together; each of us with our own struggles and doubts. Raw emotions shared, frustrations vented; and even though we were all near a breaking point at one time or another, we lifted each other up. By doing so, we strengthened our own willpower to make it, and we all were able to persevere!

So, I'm closing the book. No more college for me. I want to live my life and enjoy time that I am not constantly thinking about the paper that is due, the test coming up, and the finals I will endure. What lies ahead? I'm not sure, but I believe that God has helped me through this for a reason. It's a NEW book just waiting to be written with new dreams and ambitions. How exciting!

For now, I will rest and clear my mind before I take the state licensure exam in January.

Merry Christmas to me!







Could not have accomplished this without my guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com