Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Monday, March 23, 2009

This Kitty Has 9 Lives...Minus 1


What an exciting lunchtime at our house today! As Ricky was getting ready to go back to work, our neighbor stopped by for him to look at her car. This happens frequently when people catch him at home, so I did not think anything of it. A few minutes later, he knocked on the door and told me that our neighbor had a little kitten stuck in
the front part of her car, under the hood! Sure enough, two little eyes peered at me when I looked. On her car, there is a space between the serpentine belts in front of the radiator, and the bumper; and another where the head lights are placed. Ricky tried to grab the kitten by its scruff, but it would not budge. He got a stick to direct it toward a larger space, but it did not move. Finally, he wiggled it out, and when he was able to remove it from the car, it got loose! It ran under my van, then back under the car toward the back. That little creature ran to the back tire, and climbed right up into the wheel! Ricky had to lay on his back to even see the kitten, but snatched it pretty quickly. As he was handing it off to me, it bit and scratched me, but I kept a firm hold on it. Thankfully, our pet carrier was near by in the garage, so we shuffled the baby in and closed the door quickly! A little food and water, and a quiet place to rest--something that kitty deserved! Mission accomplished.


Now, for "the rest of the story", as Paul Harvey used to say. Our neighbor thought it might belong to her niece. They visited them yesterday...many, many miles away! It turns out that 'car kitty' not only traveled very far away from home inside the car, but it traveled to work and back today as well! I was so happy to know that it does have a home, and will be able to return in a car...in a pet carrier in a car! LOL

WAIT! There's more: Another set of neighbors have a cat that stays outdoors. She loves hanging out at our house when the neighbors are not home. No sooner did I return 'car kitty' to our other neighbor, did the other kitty run into the garage and hide out of sight! With all of the kitty commotion in our garage, we were able to keep our #1 kitty, Pepper, from hearing them cry in part of HER house! Wew, all is well.

(Click on the photo for a larger picture!)


3 comments:

  1. Glad the kitty's okay...hoping he's learned his lesson and will stay away from cars now...but doesn't sound like he did......
    Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. These words never cease to amaze me. Chronologically they were some of the first words of Scripture ever written...praying so from Seattle right now!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
    1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com