Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

More than meets the eye...


Do you have any friends that 'sense' something is wrong, without you ever saying a word? Does it surprise you when they tell you this? Do you start wondering what it is that makes that friend feel that way?...

I have a friend that told me this recently, and I have been puzzled ever since. She is a 'new' friend, meaning I have not known her long. We connected right away...we have children in the same activities, and we are both Christians...but I don't see her a lot and we only email once in a while. So, how did she pick up on this?

The truth is there are a lot of things going on right now. My mind has been scattered with this and that. Some things are weighing on me heavily, but I really thought I 'appeared and sounded' like myself. So, her comments have made me think about how I am seen by others.

I used to always say things were 'ok', even if they weren't. I ditched that lie many years ago. I might tell someone that things are rough, not having a good day, whatever...but I really try not to say everything is 'ok', when it is not. Obviously, I do not tell people everything about me; some things are just not meant to be shared. But when someone says that she senses something is wrong, how do you react? How much of your heart do you share?

After mulling over this comment, and looking at all the things that are heavy on my mind, I think I figured it out. (Well, maybe!) I think that God sends certain people into your life at times you don't expect. He cultivates that friendship, and places them there when you need them. Our responsibility is to discern whether or not they are genuine, and how much we can trust them. The outcome is either a 'fair weather friend', or someone who truly cares and is willing to be there when the 'clouds and storms' are heavy.

So, to you my friend, I am just dealing with 'stuff'. Your care and concern has touched me. I ask that when you think of me, just say a prayer for God's guidance. Thank you for stepping up and letting me know that you are there, because there may be a day when I need to talk it all out.

Proverbs 17:17 (Amplified Bible)

17A friend loves at all times, and is born, as is a brother, for adversity.



1 comment:

  1. Had a friend just write me today to see if everything was okay because I'd missed signing her daughter's guestbook a couple of times this week. She thought something was wrong...not with the first absence but yesterday was...a very long day.
    Only you can decide how much you want to share in any part of your life...on here, to your new, caring friend. A true friend will understand if you don't want to share much at all! Friends don't need to anything to pray...the Lord knows all and knows what's needed.
    Continuing to lift up prayers!
    1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
    Prayer BearsMy email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com