Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Holy Moley!


Two trips to Baylor within 4 days, make for one very tired gal!

First trip was to the breast surgeon to make sure all is well. Dr. Z told me that she uses me as an example...what?! Since I chose not to do reconstruction, she tells others that yes, there are people who would rather not go through all the surgeries and possible complications involved in that decision. I feel very comfortable wearing my prosthesis when I go out, but let me tell you...this hot and humid weather makes me very glad that I do not have to wear that type of undergarment if I don't want to! LOL See you in 6 months, Doc!

The trip today was to the dermatologist to have a head to toe check of all my moles. I am very 'moley', but my Oncologist wanted me to have one certain one checked. Dr. M decided that it does need to be removed and checked. He assured me it was just a precaution, and it wasn't a pressing issue. But, like most things, it has the potential to become a concern. So, another trip to Baylor on August 6th, to have it removed. Dr. M said, "Oh, it is nothing compared to what you have already been through!" LOL, thanks Doc!

When I went to schedule the mole removal procedure, I realized that I have to go back to Baylor again next month to the thyroid doctor! Yes people, we do have a switch on our vehicles marked: Baylor, parking garage! LOL

Side note: Please continue to pray for my friend Estella, who has brain cancer. She just spent an entire month in the hospital; most of it heavily medicated. She is home now, but still has many issues. Pray for peace and comfort for her husband, son, family, and friends as they tend to her.


Isaiah 49:13
Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.



1 comment:

  1. Praying right now.

    When He shall come with trumpet sound,
    Oh, may I then in Him be found,
    Clothed in His righteousness alone,
    Faultless to stand before the throne!
    On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
    All other ground is sinking sand.
    The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 4
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com