Comments on the Blog

All comments left on blog are moderated before publishing.

Monday, June 15, 2009

No place like home...


My boy is HOME from band leadership camp! Whoo hoo! When I came in from work just after 4:00 pm on Thursday, he was fast asleep on his bed. He was very busy last week; he has slept well for several days!

Home...where is that for you? Is it the house/apartment/dorm/structure where you reside? Is it the town or city you are in now; or the one that you grew up in? Many of you have lived several places, where do you consider your 'home'?

While working at the library, I have told many people that it feels like 'home'. So, what does that mean? For me, it means the place where I feel comfortable being myself. I don't mind being there, I enjoy it.

The physical structure I live in is also my 'home.' I feel very grateful that Ricky had built our house a few years before we even met. It is neat that we are the only ones who have lived here. I have never had that before; in fact, I have never lived in one place for this many years!

The first house I remember was in Tacoma, WA. I think I was about 3 years old when we moved into it, and lived there until I went in to 5th grade. It was a HUGE house that sat up above the street. I can remember all the rooms and many of the details of that house. Not all of the memories are good ones, but most are of carefree days playing, riding my tricycle, or walking to my school. Recently, I found the house using Google street view. A few minor changes have been made to the outside of the house, but basically, it is how I remember it. That was 'home' number one....

3 comments:

  1. Home. I consider my mother's house home. I don't live far from it. I hope my children eventually consider my house their home. Funny, I was just talking to a lady yesterday about Texas (she was from Florida) and she didn't agree with people who say Texans are such nice people. I was so offended. Didn't she know she was insulting a room full of Texans? Regardless of the house or town I live in. I definitely consider Texas home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be fun if you were still in Tacoma! But then I wouldn't know you because I met you through Rae...
    Glad your boy's home!
    It's funny how many different places we call home. I think I've still referred to IA at home, where I was born. Would still consider CA home (lived there for 23 years) and now Seattle's home...
    Thankful that I can be here praying for you.
    When darkness veils His lovely face,
    I rest on His unchanging grace;
    In every high and stormy gale
    My anchor holds within the veil.
    On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
    All other ground is sinking sand. The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 2
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that I'm continuing to pray here in Seattle!

    His oath, His covenant, and blood
    Support me in the whelming flood;
    When every earthly prop gives way,
    He then is all my Hope and Stay.
    On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
    All other ground is sinking sand.
    The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 3
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from all of you! If you would like to comment, please remember that this is an open site and everything can be seen by others. If your message is personal and for my eyes only, please send an email instead!

mblackshear@hotmail.com